Why Mercedes Benz Recalling its vehicle
According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, several Mercedes-Benz models were voluntarily recalled due to an issue that can cause the engine to stall while driving. (Why Mercedes Benz Recalling vehicle)
Mercedes-Benz notified the NHTSA on December 23 that the recall could affect 323,963 vehicles from model years 2012 to 2020. The defect is thought to affect about 1% of all vehicles.
The German luxury vehicle manufacturer stated that it has been looking into the issue since 2018. It has an impact on the Mercedes-Benz SUV lineup, which includes hybrid, gas, and diesel models.
The company stated that it began notifying dealers about the recall on January 3.
Models recalled for years
The following vehicles are being recalled:
- Mercedes-Benz GLE300 2016 (Quantity recalled: 1,717 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz GLE350 2016 (Quantity recalled: 9 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz GLE350 2016-2018 (Quantity recalled:128,192 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz GLE400 2016-2019 (Quantity recalled: 9,302 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE43 2017-2019 (Quantity recalled: 23,149 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz GLE450 2016-2016 (Quantity recalled: 5,739 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz GLE550 2016-2018 (Quantity recalled:1,206 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE63 2016-2020 (Quantity recalled: 4,928 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz ML250 2015 (Quantity recalled: 3,295 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz ML350 2012-2014 (Quantity recalled: 10,765 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz ML350 2015 (Quantity recalled: 126,978 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz ML400 2015 (Quantity recalled: 3,729 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz ML550 2012-2014 (Quantity recalled: 3,255 Vehicles)
- Mercedes-Benz AMG ML63 2012-2015 (Quantity recalled: 1,699 Vehicles)
Water may enter the fuel pump system.
According to recall documents, water can infiltrate the vehicle’s rear area and accumulate in the spare wheel well over time. A fuel pump control unit may come into contact with the water. (Why Mercedes Benz Recalling vehicle)
“As a result, the fuel supply to the engine could be interrupted resulting in a loss of propulsion without warning,” according to the recall. “The risk of a crash could be increased in such circumstances.”
Owners of vehicles will be notified by the end of February
Mercedes-Benz stated that it would finish notifying owners by February 21. The vehicles can be taken to a dealer, who will instal a water drain plug in the wheel well and, if necessary, replace the fuel pump control unit. (Why Mercedes Benz Recalling vehicle)